Hi! I am Nina Lasala, former Treasurer of the Philppines. This blog is meant to be an open forum for investors, fellow finance professionals, and other interested parties to discuss the state of Philippine Debt Management.

Friday, March 11, 2005

My reply to BSP's Comments in the March 11, 2005 Edition of the BusinessWorld

Dear Readers,

A great article was publuished in today's issue of the BusinessWorld. I believe that the article gives us an organized framework for debating the many complex issues at hand. I will post all my comments through this website sometime tonight, as there are a lot of points that need to be addressed.

Stay tuned....

Nina

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ma'm, I suggest you home in on the comparison of the costs as presented in the article. I am amazed where they got the 32Billion Pesos incurred by BTr. Equally amazed at where they picked up their "small" cost per transaction.
Their reply came out too wordy. I remember someone using the word "sophistry" - the ability to use words to confuse the issue and sound "right". I guess it applies here.
We know you are very busy answering the issues raised on a point-to-point basis. This is an opportunity for you to refute their arguments. I gues they have made a mistake again. They keep forgetting that no matter how you cover up the truth, it will always show up in the end.
Please use simple language as we are mere mortals who hate "Sophists" and greedy bureaucrats.
More power to you and Ms. Elna.

2:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home